Saturday, November 15, 2008

Big Ben the Brown Birch Bolet - Day 20

Big Ben the brown birch bolet

Today was the day that I set out to complete 101 tasks, leaping and running from location to location in an attempt to complete everything on the list. I ran up to Big Ben's secret location just at sunset and was given 12 minutes by my chauffeur to return. Tired, ready and able I jogged into the forest and over the sodden ground to Big Ben where he lay unperturbed by the onset of winter. Again the last day or so has been mild with a few showers and the last few nights temperate mild conditions have pushed Big Ben to grow a little bit more. His measurements are now as follows: the cap is now 145mm in diameter and he is 105mm tall.

From the photograph you will note that some thuggish slugs have commenced their attacks and are doing battle on his stalk. They have arrived too late to arrest his development but they will play a part in his eventual demise and decomposition.

I am due to go to Amsterdam tomorrow for a few days and will miss Big Ben's later development but I will catch up with him once again upon my return on the 21st of November. I hope you will tune in for the further adventures of this giant of the forest floor later next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are a star ... my superman. I hope you are all safe in Amsterdam. XXX the sweet chauffeur